7 Great Benefits of Massage
Here are 7 great benefits of massage.
1. Alleviate Stress. Many diseases are caused or aggravated by stress. Massage can help to manage stress and decrease anxiety. It can also help to enhance sleep quality and increase energy. Massage can also help to increase emotional well-being by producing feelings of caring and connection.
2. Enhance Immunity. Massage stimulates lymph flow and increases circulation, helping your body’s natural defense system. Reducing stress also enhances immunity.
3. Recover. Whether you are an athlete, a weekend warrior, or new to exercise, bodywork can help your muscles recover from those hard workouts. By increasing circulation and promoting tissue regeneration, massage can help you to lessen sore muscles and get back to the activities you love.
4. Lessen Pain. Massage is a wonderful alternative to medication and more invasive procedures for chronic pain sufferers. Arthritis patients report fewer aches and less stiffness and pain with regular massage, and massage can provide relief for non-specific back pain. Massage has also been found to help manage symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome and temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ).
5. Complement Existing Treatment. The medical community has begun to recognize the benefits of massage, and massage is often incorporated into hospital settings such as neonatal intensive care and hospices. By reducing pain, massage can help lessen the need for medications and can aid the recovery process from surgery. Massage is often portrayed as a treat, but it has serious benefits that can work with your existing self-care plan.
If you are interested in massage and would like more information, contact KareBoost Health to learn more about the benefits of massage and to establish a treatment schedule that meets your needs. Our therapists offer a wide variety of massage styles, including Swedish, Deep Tissue, Medical Massage, Orthopedic Massage, Hot Stone, Sports Massage, Prenatal Massage and Oncology Massage.
Come Make an appointment for your first Massage!!
Check out our Great Deals on Massage on WWW.KAREBOOST.COM.
Kara Unal JD, RYT