5 Reasons to Consider Private Yoga Lessons
1. The Original Practice. Yoga was never intended to be a group class. It was traditionally taught as a one-on-one practice, and it was only when yoga was brought to the West that group classes developed. Developing a one on one relationship with a teacher is a completely different learning experience from attending group classes at your studio or gym.
2. Individualize Your Yoga. Group classes are wonderful, but do you ever leave with questions about why a pose does not seem to work for you? Because no one person’s anatomy is exactly the same as anyone else’s, not every pose will work for every person. However, in a group class, it is simply not possible to tailor every pose to every person in the room. Private lessons give you an opportunity to learn modifications, make adjustments and ask questions that you might not get to in a regular class.
3. Injury Management. Yoga teachers are not doctors, and they cannot diagnose or treat injuries or conditions. However, if you have an injury and your doctor has approved a return to yoga, investing in a few private lessons can help you learn modifications and alternate poses so that you can practice and continue to heal. Gaining this knowledge can help you return to group classes more quickly.
4. Deepen your practice. If you are interested in taking a few private lessons, know that it does not have to be a lifelong commitment. If you just want to work with a teacher for a short amount of time, you will still learn a tremendous amount that you can easily translate into a group class or home practice. Yoga absolutely can be a lifelong practice, and private lessons will teach you an enormous amount about the way you move, learn and think.
5. Stay motivated. Finding a group class that always fits your schedule can be difficult. Between work, family, school and other obligations, it is easy to put exercise and movement on the back burner. Investing in private lessons is a commitment to fitness, and it is also hugely motivating to have your teacher’s attention focused only on you for a full hour. Additionally, if your schedule is very hectic, finding a teacher that comes to your home will help you to fit yoga into your schedule more easily.
KareBoost Health offers private yoga lessons either at KareBoost or in your home. Give us a call or come in to the center to learn more about our teachers, and how private lessons could help you!
Come make an appointment for your first private lesson!!
Kara Unal JD, RYT