Stay Fit this Fall: 5 Fun Activities for the Whole Family
Let’s look at ways to stay fit this Fall. Fall is a fantastic time to keep up the activity level of summer. As the weather cools, there are many opportunities to get outside and be active. If you are struggling to keep the family active with the transition back to school, here are 5 fun activities to keep in mind.
5 ways to stay fit this Fall
1. Visit a Local Orchard. Take advantage of fall produce and find a local orchard where you can pick your own apples, pumpkins, and more. The whole family will have fun while staying active, and kids will be excited to eat produce they have selected.
2. Take A Hike. Fall is a great time to explore local hiking trails. Pick a hike that is appropriate for the ages and abilities of your family, and even though the weather is cooler, sunscreen is still a necessity.
3. Play Outside. Exercise does not have to be structured to be effective. Get outside as a family, even if you just throw a ball around the backyard. This is a perfect time of year to go on after dinner walks around the neighborhood, or explore local parks.
4. Find a Maze. Fall themed events at farms and parks are in full swing. Find a fun, age-appropriate maze for the whole family, and get plenty of steps in this weekend! Everyone will have so much fun they won’t realize they are moving.
5. Start planning indoor activities. Fall weather is great, but it is not too soon to find and join an indoor activity. Look for a family or kids exercise class, such as kid’s yoga. Start planning ahead for those rainy days!
With these ideas, getting moving should be fun! Want more ways to stay fit this Fall? Join us every Monday this fall and winter for kid’s yoga at 5 pm. This class is appropriate for kids over 10, beginners included! Or you can work with our Health Coaches on other physical activity suggestions.
Karen L. Leibowitz, MD
Health and Medical Coach