5 Tips To Lower Stress
Here are 5 Tips To Lower Stress. Stress happens to everyone. However, if stress is beginning to affect your mental or physical well-being, you can learn effective techniques to manage stress.
Here are 5 simple tips to lower stress you can start with.
- Breath. Before reacting or speaking, take a few long inhales and exhales. You can count to 5 on each inhale and exhale or find a count that works for you. As you breath, try unclenching the muscles of your jaw and neck.
- Walk Away. If possible, take a short walk around the block or down the hallway. Physically removing yourself from a situation can help you gain perspective. Movement is a natural stress reducer, even if it’s just for a few minutes.
- Sleep. If it’s not urgent, sleep on it and respond tomorrow. You might find that a good night’s rest also puts stressful situations in perspective. Try tackling biggest tasks in the morning when you are fresh.
- Meditate. Try a quick meditation. There are many meditation apps to try or take a class to learn more detailed meditation techniques. A short stress reduction meditation can be done throughout your day.
- Connect. Take a break to interact with a loved one or pet. Human connection can help to reduce stress. Talk things over with a trusted friend.
Yoga can be effective in reducing stress. Check out our yoga class or set up a private yoga session. Call us today to learn more about the benefits of yoga and what class might be right for you.
Karen L Leibowitz, MD
Health and Lifestyle Coach