Healthy Foods to Stop Cravings in Their Tracks
Today, we will suggest seven healthy foods to stop cravings and stick to your healthy diet resolutions. Ignoring your body’s hunger signals and trying to drastically cut back on calories usually ends up in binging later.
Instead, plan out healthy snacks and be prepared when hunger strikes! Here are seven healthy foods to stop cravings
- Fruit. Fruit is a fantastic source of nutrients and fiber. It is also portable! Travel with bananas, oranges and berries. Cut up other fruits and store in containers in the fridge as a quick grab and go option.
- Nut Butter. Combine with fruit for a filling snack, or even enjoy on its own as a great source of fiber. Just stick to the suggested serving size, and avoid options with added sugars.
- Vegetables. Baby carrots, celery, sliced cucumber and cherry tomatoes make great travel snacks. Pair with hummus for a more filling option.
- Olives. If you are craving something savory, try olives! They are a great source of healthy fats but are still low in calories.
- Popcorn. Popcorn is a filling, low calorie snack. Just be careful in how you prepare it! Instead of reaching for store bought options, choose air-popped, plain popcorn.
- Plain Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt is a good source of bone-strengthening calcium. Choose plain to reduce sugar, and add your own fresh fruit for added flavor.
- Dark Chocolate. Dark chocolate will satisfy your sweet tooth and is full of heart healthy compounds. Choose options with higher than 70% cacao, and enjoy a small amount!
There are many healthy snack options available. In general, avoid added sugars and prepare as much of your own food as you can to keep it healthy. Plan snack for work, home and travel so that you can address hunger with it hits. Schedule a free consultation with Dr. Karen today to learn more about healthy eating habits!
CONTACT us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-860-KARE (5273) to find out how we can help you!
Karen L. Leibowitz, MD
Health and Medical Coach