Tips for Choosing a Nutrient Rich Diet
Do you have a Nutrient Rich Diet? Healthy eating does not have to be hard. It can be simple and delicious. In choosing nutrient rich foods, you can still find foods that are simple, accessible and represent the five food groups. No fancy superfoods necessary!
5 Tips for Choosing a Nutrient Rich Diet
- Color. Seek out brightly colored fruits and vegetables. Eat the rainbow, including potatoes that are roasted or simply prepared. Spend a few minutes each week washing and cutting fruits and vegetables so they are in easy snacking reach for all family members.
- Whole-grain. Whole grains provide fiber and other nutrients that white flour does not. Enjoy your sandwich, and swap out white bread for wheat. Look for whole grain pastas that can be prepared in exactly the same way as white flour pastas.
- Nuts. Top foods with chopped nuts and seeds to pack more nutrients and flavor into every bite.
- Soup. Soups are an easy way to pack in a wide array of vegetables. Combine broth with frozen vegetables and a can of beans and let it simmer in a slow cooker. You’ll come home a nutrient rich meal with hardly any work.
- Dessert. Craving something sweet? Blend a frozen banana and top with berries for an ice cream like treat.
At KareBoost Health, we believe everyone can enjoy a nutrient rich diet that fits their lifestyle and needs. Contact us to set up a free consultation with Dr. Karen, or to learn more about what we do.
Karen L. Leibowitz, MD
Health and Medical Coach